Installation Ship Engine
- Distribution in India via Jupiter Electronics in co-operation with Altop Industries
- Full local experience and support
- Special discount package for 2009
Industrial Transmitter For Moisture Content In Oil
E+E Transmitter Series EE36 are specially designed for the measurement of water content in oil. EE36 is ideal for online monitoring of moisture in lubrication or insulation oil, which is very important for the long-term performance and adaptive maintenance of plant and machinery.
For instance, moisture affects dramatically the insulation characteristics of electrical transformer oil and therefore continuous monitoring is extremely important.
Humidity measurement in oil.
Similar the humidity in the air, the water content in an oil can be described by the absolute value in ppm or by the relative value aw:
ppm (mass of water/ mass or oil)
aw (actual water content as fraction of the water content in the saturated oil)
aw- 0 corresponds to water- free oil, while aw= 1 describes fully saturated oil. aw measurement with EE36 transmitter series is based on the outstanding long term stability and resistance to pollution of the E+E capacitive sensor elements series HC.
The physical quantities measured are waster activity aw and temperature T. with these quantities EE36 calculates the water content (ppm) in mineral transformer oils. Calculation of water content in non- mineral transformer oils and lubrication oils can be accomplished by downloading specific parameters of the oil.
The measured and the calculated values are available on two free scaleable and configurable analogue outputs. In addition, an optional relay output can be used for alarms and process control.
The sensing probe is designed for inline monitoring and can be placed directly in the oil, at pressures up to 10bar (145psi). In addition to direct mounting of the sensing probe, a ball valve installation provides mounting and removal of the probe without interrupting the process.
Easy Calibration and Adjustment of EE36
The user can easily readjust or calibrate the transmitter by using either a simple procedure with two push buttons on the printed circuit board or the configuration software.
- Measurement of aw and T at pressure up to 10bar (145psi) Yes
- Calculation of water content in ppm for mineral transformer oil Yes
- Two free scaleable and configurable analogue outputs Yes
- Probe cable length up to 10m (32.8ft) Yes
- Easy on site adjustment and calibration of aw and T outputs Yes
- LED indication for operation and sensing probe status Yes
- User configuration of the instrument with PC via RS232 interface Yes
- Configuration software Yes
- Display of aw, T and water content with MIN/MAX function optional Yes
- Two free configurable relays outputs Optional
- Replaceable sensing probe optional Optional
- Connector for power supply and outputs Optional
Water activity sensor 1): HC 1000-400
Measuring range1): 0 1aw
Accuracy incl. hysteresis and nonlinearity in air
Special calibration against certified standards: +-0.01aw (0.09aw) +-0.02 aw (0.9 1aw)
Standard calibration: +-0.02 aw (0. 0.09aw) +-0.03aw (0.9 1aw)
Temperature dependence of electronics: typ +-0.0001 [1/C] (typ. +-5.6 * 10-5 [1/F]
Temperature dependence of sending probe: typ +-(0.0002 + 0.0002 x aw) T (C) T = T- 20C
Response time with stainless steel filter at 20C / t90: typ 10 min in still oil
Temperature sensor element: Pt 1000 (tolerance class A, DIN EN 60751)
Working range sensing probe: -40 .180C (-40. 356F)
A-401, Kailash Industrial Complex, Behind Godrej Colony, Vikroli (W), Mumbai, Maharashtra, 400079, India